Saturday, January 21, 2017

White Holo Snowflakes

Although we haven't seen any of the white stuff in a while now (and I'm not complaining!), my first thought when I sat down to do my nails with a recently arrived bottle of Different Dimension Excelsior was to stamp it with white and decided upon snow flakes!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Different Dimension Excelsior, shown with no top coat.  


I've been taking a few pix here and there with my new macro lens; here's one of them.


Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using FunkyFingers Gesso using images from UberChic Christmas-01.


Finished it off with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


My newly arrived bottle of KBShimmer Makin' Copies was still on my desk as I had used it a week or so ago and lazy me, hadn't put it away yet.  I was actually going to order a back up bottle because I love that it was good coverage in two easy coats and a colour I thought I'd wear often!  I thought I'd compare the two just for fun; the base colours seem pretty similar, although I'd say the Different Dimension is a shade darker.  As you can see, KBShimmer is more of a scattered holo and I seen a lot of blue shimmer, and Different Dimension Excelsior is more of a linear holo and I seen more pink shimmer.  I'm happy that I own both but I have since decided that I no longer need a second bottle of the KBShimmer as the base of Different Dimension will suffice if I want this base colour and one bottle or the other happen to ever run low. 


The other KBShimmer polish I seriously thought about buying a back up of was Fax of Life but I happen to have bought Different Dimension Dragon.  When I was looking at them, while not dupes as Dragon is definitely a shade darker, they are close enough that I don't think I need a back up of Fax of Life.  I have worn KBShimmer Fax of Life in a mani but not Different Dimension Dragon so they might be less close than the bottle shots appear, but at this time, I'll save that money I would have spent on backups.


This pix, you can see that pink shimmer in the base of Different Dimension Excelsior that I was talking about.


I'm loving these soft neutral shades right now and am happy that I have both lines in my collex anyway!

Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for looking!


7 comments:

  1. So pretty, I'm gutted we haven't had snow this winter. However I love seeing snowflake manis.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrsrexy, I love these comparison shots. While you normally seem to do mostly nailart, an occasional post like this would be most welcome every now and then! It really helps one decide between two shades and whether it is worth the money to have both. Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mani and that you showed the bottle shots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the holo and snowflakes! Great close up shots as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost all of our snow has already melted here :-/
    Lovely nail art, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!