Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Colour Contrasts; Day 3

For Day 3 of the colour contrast challenge, I decided on purple and yellow.  I sooo resisted this colour combination because it is seriously one of my least favourite colour combos...and it always reminded me of high school and the the terrible, terrible school gym clothes we had to wear as these were our school colours....a bright yellow, Big Bird t-shirt and ill fitting, uni-sex purple shorts.  Not pretty, that's for sure!

But, believe it or not, what you are actually seeing is purple and yellow polish for Day 3 of colour contrast; but when you mix purple and yellow you get some shades leaning brown which this mani has hints of lol! That would be called a water marble fail but hey, I tried!  


Just to prove I really was using yellow and purple polishes, I took a pix of my water marble.  But even here, you can see where the purple runs to brown/rust like hues.  


For the water marble, I used Pipe Dream Polish Harlequin, Punch Buggy and Prism Drops.  I was not very successful in my attempt though.


Not one to back down though in the face of a fail, I continued on so topped everything off with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


 Stamped using an image from Apipila Super Placa A using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.


Topped it off with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


 I actually thought the end result turned OK; stamping always makes the mani better!  There are some hits of a success here in the pinky and thumb but room for improvement, that's for sure!  Someday...hopefully!

Here's the other ladies Day 3 colour contrast mani's!




Thanks for looking!





4 comments:

  1. I really love how the end result turned out. I'll be honest, I too did a purple and yellow water marble (will be posted either tomorrow or Friday) and I didn't like how it looked either and guess what I did? STAMPED OVER IT TOO! :) Great minds think alike. I love the dark colors you used though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and I love the stamping. It really finished it off.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really cool! I actually like where the purple turned brown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!