Saturday, October 29, 2016

NEW Crumpets Nail Art Challenge; Halloween in the Wrong Colours


For this weeks Crumpets Nail Art Challenge, the prompt is Halloween in the wrong colours; here's what I came up with!


I've been wanting to wear Colors by llarowe Lotus as soon as I got it but because I was late in getting it and by the time I did, I was wearing fall colours and doing Halloween nails, I thought now would be a great time to finally put it on my nails.  This is two coats, no top coat.  


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  The top coat really makes this beauty shine and enhances the ever so delicate shimmer!


Added stripes using Delaney Linges & Traits.  I tried several clear stampers but any of the squishy or semi squishy make wiggly lines so found that the Original Clear Jelly Stamper - second version, worked well to keep the lines straight.  Of course, even with a clear jelly stamper, I messed up on placement, so pinky isn't the best. But I had already stamped some of these so many times trying to figure out which clear stamper wouldn't stamp wiggly lines, so decided to live with it.  Middle image is from Apipila Super Place F; used FunkyFingers Gesso.


Topcoat ed with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I really liked the look of this mani at this point but it didn't look very Halloween-y to me, so I decided to do some more stamping.  Wasn't the best decision, but it is what it is.


Apipila Super Placa F









Delaney Linges & Traits






Stamped using MdU 60 using images from Marianne Nails n.117 (pinky and thumb), Marianne Nails n.61 (middle) and SPH-008 (index), then shadow stamped using same images using MdU 2.  Added dots to skull eyes on ring finger then topped everything with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.  I didn't take pix of just the single stamping with the MdU 60 as I wasn't quite sure I could shadow stamp these well enough to share as my shadow stamping skills just aren't the best.  Still need some practise but I guess they could be worse lol!  


SPH-008


Marianne Nails n.117



Here's the other ladies Halloween in wrong colour mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Love these nails & the colour choices are perfect. That base is super stunning.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!