Saturday, April 2, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas Does Violet

This weeks 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge was Violet; I had added prompt of pattern on pattern.  I've been late in getting these challenge posts up for the last few weeks and did these nails on Thursday with the hopes of posting on Friday. However, just didn't find the time to get the post done.  Maybe if I do next weeks challenge nails tonight, I might get the post done for Friday next week.  We'll see how it goes!


Started with two coats of Sally Hansen Velvet Texture in Velour shown with no top coat.  I actually googled violet to make sure I got the right shade or range; hopefully this is OK.



Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.



My first pattern is stripes from HK-11; stamping polish is MdU 16.  Stamping the lines with a clear stamper sure does make placement better and the lines stamped pretty straight as the clear stamper I was using is a little firmer; not all distorted as can happen with a squishy stamper.



HK-11








Added these cats which were from HK-11 too using Funky Fingers Dark Knight for the the second pattern using Creative Shop 14.



Creative Shop 14





Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.



The next morning, I decided to add a coat of matte using Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs.



Here's the other ladies violet manis with their various added prompts!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Love this combination! Is that a Halloween plate? Always cool to be able to use themed plates outside of their season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem to be a Halloween plate lol! I was trying to line up the stars with the skull pattern or the diamonds (you can see my finger marks on the blue plastic trying to measure) but when they didn't fit the voids exactly, I had to go a different route!

      Delete
    2. And it just so happened that the cat on the Creative Shop plates that I received the day before I did this mani matched the cat heads on HK-11 perfectly! Sometimes things just fall together with little effort!

      Delete
  2. I love this all matted out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mani would also be great for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!