Thursday, March 17, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Spring; Day 4

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This mani is doing double duty for the occasion as well as day 4 of the Digit-al Dozen spring challenge just because I really wanted to post a St. Patrick's Day mani today and had no time to do another mani more in line with spring for the challenge (plus still have to get up my day 3 post as it is; the nails are done but the blog post is not!).  So this will have to do.  It's a little busy, but busy is probably my blogger middle name lol! Here's what I came up with!


For the base, used OPI Don't Mess With OPI (thumb and pinky), Nerd Lacquer Thistledown (ring and index) and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (middle).  All two coats, top coated with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


I did the white base for a water marble design that would have been the background for some stamping, but try as I might, the water marble gods were not with me and I had no luck with doing a proper design.  After the third attempt, I just took what was in the water, swirled it around, dipped my finger in and hoped for the best.  It wasn't that bad; in fact, who knows, this might have been better than the real water marbling. Anyway, it was late and I had spent enough time on it so just ran with it.  


I had made some decals last weekend; the rainbow is freehand using acrylic paints.  The decal was topped with Sally Hansen Hard As Nails and it was pretty dry and brittle by the time I used it last night, so it cracked and ripped in a few places when I peeled it off the stamper.  I smooshed it onto the nail with my finger as best as I could and quickly top coated to try to get the cracks to fill.  Its ok but not the best.  There's actually rainbow stamps out there; don't ask me why I decided to free hand it lol.  I thought it would be simple enough to do but am sure stamps would have been neater.  The other two decals are using images from Messy Mansion MM04 and assortment of paints and polishes.  Stamped image on the pinky is from MoYou Festive 21 using Funky Fingers Gesso.

(I actually kinda dig this look without all the extra stamping.)

MoYou Festive Collection 21

(Love, love, love the 17 image; I really wanted to use it for this mani if only I had six fingers!  I did next best thing by putting it on Cindy.)

Stamped image on the middle using another image from Messy Mansion MM04 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.  The words on the thumb are from Moyra Stamping Plate 09-Celebration.  Added a few random shamrocks for filler using another image from Messy Mansion MM04. Placed with clear jelly stamper.


Moyra Stamping Plate 09-Celebration




After some touch ups, finished with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.  In hindsight, I should have put the sparkly hat on the dark green cream base and the pot of gold on the lighter green which would have made both stand out a little more but I guess I didn't plan it out well.  Next time!


I did my other hand a little different; base is two coats of OPI I'm Soooo Swamped with images from MoYou Festive Collection-21. 


Here's the other ladies Day 4 mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. These look so fun!! My favorite nail is the one with the watermarble. I love random marbles like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Your decals are always perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!