Friday, October 16, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Autumn; Day 5

Here's it is; Day 5 of Digit-al Dozen autumn week!  I thought I'd save my favourite mani for last, being my first Halloween mani of the season!  Here's what I came up with!


I was trying to think of something a little different for this Halloween mani (not sure if I succeeded) but my thought process was assortment of colours which would fade to one another.  So the pinky was to be black, with the next finger to be black and white, to white, to white and orange to orange.  Does that make sense? To do this, started with skittles of Revlon Alluring Amber, three fingers of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and pinky of Funky Fingers Dark Knight; all two coats with top coat.


Earlier in the summer, I had seen these really cool nail vinyls used by my Digit-al Dozen nail pal CopyCat Claws here, which are available from vinyl boutique.  I thought they might add some cool interest and something a little outside the box for the mani. Unfortunately, my experience with nail vinyls is limited; I've only used them once or twice and just single lines.  So I was fully expect ting the voids to remain on the paper when I pulled off the vinyl part.  But that didn't happen as you can see below.  I ended up punching through the cuttings with a wooden cuticle stick (pain in the arse!) and found for the second one that if you start the punch out in the far side of them before you peel the vinyl off, they stick to the backing way better.  So the second one pulled away as it was suppose to, after I had punched them at the edge with a cuticle stick that is.  I can't say is this is typical or nail vinyls or just this style as again, I've only used nail vinyls a couple times and single lines at that.  Once I knew what to do to make them work a little easier, it was OK, but was a little frustrated on the first one because I was expecting the lines to stay on the backing when I peeled it and then it wasn't the easiest to get them to peel with so small lines once it was free of the backing, but prepunching the side wall just a little at the corner on the vinyl helped a lot the second time around.


I have limited experience using vinyls but this is when I applied it to the nail.  


Blobbing on the polish.  Do not do this!  I was of the thought that more is better but not the case; between my excess use of polish and not pushing the vinyl down to the nail side enough, I had flooding on the side wall of the nail.  

I was going to redo the nail, but after cleanup of the orange off the white stripes using acetone and brush, I decided I could live with it. This is after both nails have been vinyled, used same polishes as the bases. Not perfect but not bad for a beginner!


Added coat of top coat before stamping.


Stamped spiderwebs using an image from Bunny Nails HD-C using Funky Fingers Gesso, Dark Knight and MdU 53.


Top coated before more stamping.


Added spiders using MoYou Festive Collection-16 using same stamping polishes.


Top coated to finish.

The next morning, I thought a spider on the middle nail would add a little more to the mani so stamped using Chez Halloween003 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight and top coated to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 5 autumn nails!  The ladies as usual have had phenomenal autumn nails!  

I still have a few more fall mani's to share and hopefully more Halloween nails over the next couple weeks!


Thanks for looking! 

5 comments:

  1. I love this! You did a lot of different techniques, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect mani for your first Halloween mani for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I haven't used vinyl much either! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again I love EVERYTHING about this mani!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!