Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Re-creation of Digit-al Dozen; Day 2

It was really cool to check out everyone's blogs yesterday to see the mani's that the ladies recreated and how they interpreted; there were a lot of amazing mani's, that's for sure!

Here's what I came up for Day 2 which is a little bit of two ladies who did Raggedy Ann and Andy doll mani's for past challenges.



Adventures in Acetone did Raggedy Ann and Andy for Vintages and A Little Polish did a verions as well for Childhood; I took a little bit of inspiration from both for my recreation! Darn it, I just noticed as I'm doing the post I missed the black dots on the red dots!  Whooops!  




Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff with blue accent of China Glaze License & Registration Pls.



Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Using a the biggest dotter I have, added random dots on accents.  Then I made a custom stamping polish directly on the plate to try to match the blue on my nails as well as the stamper decals I had premade. Stamped on an image from Handy 24 on pinky then did a second image using red Konad special polish.



Added smaller dots with a slightly smaller dotter using red Konad special polish.



These are the stamper decals I made using images from MJ XVI and acrylic paints.  Not the best but I'm surprised I did this good; the images are so small the it was hard to fill in even with my smallest brush.



Here's the three stamper decals I made although I didn't end up using the pair.  It was really hard to paint so small images so not the best plus they look like angry,scary, going out to trick or treat with Chucky dolls!



Added Raggedy Ann and Andy stamper decals.  I somewhat messed up here because I top coated my whole nail before applying the decal but the decal wasn't the size of the entire nail.  So I smooshed up the top coat all over the nail when applying the decal.  To fix this, had to add a really thick coat of top coat which is why there are so many bubbles (I think).


My solution for bubble coverage was to add dots!  So made more custom polish for the dots and used red Konad.



Top coated with KBShimmer to finish.



Here's the other ladies Day 2 recreated mani's!




Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!