Thursday, June 26, 2014

Graduating Class of 2014!

Yes, you are at the right blog!  It's been 4 years that I started my blog (almost to the day; man, how time flies?) and I've had the same rose, basic background all this time.  To be honest, I'm not one of these people who had the need to update my format as my blog has always simply been a format to share my manis and help those find the plates, etc and it didn't really matter to me what it looked like.  But it was ticking me off that some of the pix I wanted to share had some of my fingers partially cut off (as I don't crop or edit pix or do much anything other than upload the pix to blogger) so I wanted to change formats so that my fingers weren't cut off in the pix; that is all!  If I could figure out easily how to expand the margin on the existing format, I would have just expanded them.  And may still do that but for now, this format will do!  (Side note:  I had a change of heart and wanted to change back to the old style and just change the margins but applied one and then couldn't change it back as I see the old format isn't an option and now I wanted the old format back but can't! Oh well!) Not sure how long this one will stay but it's the closest there is to the old format yet not cutting off the pix.  Who knows, now that I seen how easy it is to change, I might do some more, but for now, this is it!

Tonight is my son's graduation; these are the nails I did for the occasion!



I did these quickly before I went to work and didn't have a whole lot of time so only took the end pix versus the pix of as I go along as most posts have.  But here's what I did to create the mani:  Started with a base of two coats OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, top coated.  Stamped main images on fingers using black FUN stamping polish using images from Infinity 35 (thumb), MJ XIX (index), BM H23 (middle), and SdP 102 (pinky).   The middle finger was stamped using Cheeky Jumbo 4 Top of the Class using Mundo de Unas stamping polishes in 13 and 30.  Did a little fill in of open areas on thumb, ring and pinky using L'Oreal Jolly Lolly, Miss Pixie and OPI I'm Never Amberrassed.


Added random stars using yellow Konad and Mundo de Unas 13 from SdP 69.  Lastly, hand painted in 2014 on ring using red Konad special polish.  Top coated to finish.


SdP 102

Infinity 35




Congrats Class of 2014!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new format. It's clean! Congrats to you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mani! It's gorgeous! :)

    xoxo

    Emy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess I didn't pay much attention to your old format since I just focus on the blog post part of the page. :) I always love seeing your plate photos--so many fun designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mani! I love your designs. Since you use blogspot, you can edit your margins in the "Template" section. Click "Customize" and the "Adjust Widths".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!