Monday, May 12, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Decades; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen time again!  This month's theme is decades.  Girl Power reigned supreme in the late 90's with the popularity of the Spice Girls; this is my tribute to the 1990's with a Spice Girl mani.  Here's what I came up with!



This is a rare appearance of my right hand but it looks much better than my left right now; but it will be shown here too lol.   I had a tear in one nail just at the tip of the fingertip and although I had been mending it, it began to snag on everything so I cut my nails back a few weeks ago.  My nails grow pretty quick and I expected they'd be a good length by now but the middle nails has broke twice since I cut them as well as the index. They are still on the short side but hopefully they will be a more uniform length in a week or so.

Anyway, started with an assortment of Glam Polishes; starting at thumb and going clockwise, they are Pink Ladies, We Go Together, Hopelessly Devoted, Grease is the Word and Fawn; all two coats, no topcoat.  I thought my base colour choices were clever; brights were popular in the 80's but the polish collection shown (except Fawn) is from Grease, which was in the 70's...so I've pretty much covered three decades in this mani lol!  Pretty clever if I do say so myself lol!



My right hand doesn't look too bad though which is unusual because it's usually hang nail city!


Stamped using FUN black stamping polish using MoYou Roxy Collection-07.  I thought I didn't do too bad of a job lining up on my right hand considering had to use the less dominate left to place.  It's the beauty of using a squishy stamper that you can just plate the nail and press into the stamper; so much easier for placement.



Here's same images on my left hand. I used the image shrinking technique using a squishy stamper to make the images smaller as otherwise, these images would never have fit on my small and short nails.  A couple of the images were slightly distorted but all in all, not too bad.  This is such a great trick when you have images too large to fit on your nails otherwise.



Close up of MoYou Roxy-07. Can you name them all?  I think I know them all but one girl who has the Princess Leia hair...I think it's Christine Aguilera but not 100%!



Added dots as filler using same base polishes.






Topped using KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.





I had my son take a few comparison shots of the stamping sizes; they aren't the best but hopefully you can see the image size difference.  The size difference may not seem terribly different in these pix, but on the nails, it is very obvious.  It really was the difference on fitting the image on my left hand or not; it simply wouldn't have happened if the images couldn't have been shrunk in size.











Here's the other ladies decade mani's!


Thanks for looking!


9 comments:

  1. Hi mrsrexy, I am really digging those spice girls stamps and love the added touch of the dots. What kind of material is the stamp? Looks like a stencil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how bright those glam polishes are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a total Spice Girl groupie, so I can appreciate this mani on a whole 'nother level :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Glam Polishes are gorgeous! And I was a huge fan of the Spice Girls so I totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so so awesome! I know I say this every month but I can't believe the variety of stamping plates you own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had NO IDEA they had Spice Girls image plates! These are AMAZING!! I was so obsessed with the Spice Girls when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can i buy these spice stamps?) amazing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are MoYou plates; can be purchased here:

      http://www.moyou.co.uk/

      HTH!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!