Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Quick and Easy Gmen!


I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to do a New Year's mani yet; I'm hoping to get one on my nails maybe this afternoon and post later but time will tell. I've been dealing with a lot of work related emergencies, my husband had a death in the family and had an out of town wake to go to, haven't been feeling too well, so just no time and/or energy to do nails.  But there are other priorities over doing nails, not to mention working enables me to pay for all the plates and polishes so can't really do much about it for now! There's always next year!

This is a mani I did Christmas night to wear on Boxing Day.  Super quick and easy!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  No pix as have shown many times before.  Stamped using red Konad special polish using HD-E and HD-F (the small gmen are isolated from the full nail image on HD-F and the large are a single image from HD-E).



Added dots using green and yellow Konad special polish.  Then added some glitter from Lynderella Do You See What I See?  I was looking for green glitter in a clear base, which I thought this, but it looks like there is faint glitter bleed.  (I also went to Lynderella blog and the description says that it is in a clear base so obviously glitter bleeding has occurred).  The tinge looks pretty obvious in these pix but in real life, it wasn't so obvious, plus gave a little holiday colour!  Just wasn't what I had in mind when I envisioned the nails though. No cleanup as I knew I was adding more glitter.)



Added more glitter using Revlon Graffiti 678.  I honestly did some cleanup but not the best obviously from these pix!



Added topcoat to finish. (That isn't a blue glitter on the ring finger, just a reflection!)



This didn't turn out too badly even though the bleeding glitter tinged the base a little.  It was very festive I thought and super duper easy and quick which was what I was looking for that night!

Have a fun and safe New Year's if you are venturing out and about tonight to celebrate!  All the best to you in 2014!

Thanks for looking!


8 comments:

  1. Cute Gingerbread mani. I'm not doing a New Year's Eve mani. I'm giving my nails a break and lots of cuticle oil instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and I love how you outlined the nail with Glitter ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. No NYE mani for me either. I bought some vitamin restoring treatment and trying to get my right hand back on track so that it's not super short!

    However, Happy New Year & I hope 2014 is great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little gingerbread man stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute manicure! happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh but Lynnderella says that's part of the charm of her polish! Yeah uh huh. I am loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much! I´ll try it next christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!