Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Leaves


Fall is upon us here in Ontario; in the GTA, leaves are just starting to turn but in cottage country a few hours north, the fall colours have been out in their glory for two or more weeks!  I thought I'd do a fall themed mani; here's what I came up with.


Started with a base of two coats of Sally Hansen CSM Butterscotch, topped with SV.  If someone would have told me a few years ago that I'd be wearing a mustard shade of yellow....on purpose.....I'd say they were nuts...but I've reached for this colour several times already.  It seems to be my shade of choice for the fall season; similar to when I kept on reaching for China Glaze Kalahari Kiss time and time again last year...another fugly I never thought I'd like!



Stamped using FUN 8 with assortment of polishes; Essence Do You Speak Love?, Nubar On the Radar, Sally Hansen Insta-dri Lickety-Split Lime and Jumpin' Jade.





Topped with SV to finish.



A pix of the other hand; it's slightly different.  (I think I like how it turned out better lol!)



A pix I took a few weekends ago that was used for  inspiration!



Here's a closer look at FUN 8.












Hope you're having a great week; thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. This is cute! I live in Mississauga so I totally get how you feel about the weather. All the trees look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I attempt to create every year and mine never turns out the way I want it to. This year I think I'll skip trying and just look at how pretty yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Elizabeth! Please do and post them; I'd love to see yours!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous mani! What a coincidence I just did a similar mani last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible manicure! I love all the colors and I just might have to purchase those stamps (I think I saw one with wine glasses?!)! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorg! I so miss my years I lived in Woodstock, Vt...it's lovely in the Calif Redwoods where I am now, but we don't get true fall colors. There are some sycamore but they turn brown mostly and not a lot of oranges, yellows or reds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man that tree is gorgeous! I also love the mani! I so need to try multi colored stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!