Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Butterflies and Dragonflies...and Guessing the SH Prism!

This weeks FB Adventures in Stamping challenge was Butterflies and Dragonflies.  I must confess; I did this mani back in April, just hadn't gotten around to posting it.  As luck would have it, it fit the theme of Butterflies and Dragonflies so it was the mani I shared for the challenge....which worked out well all around!

Started with a base of two coats of two coats of Sally Hansen Prism unnamed polish that says 06 on the cap. 


These polishes may be old but have some very pretty holo!


Added a funky french gradient at the tips using Emily de Molly Super Vixen.


Stamped using a variety of images from unnamed OMG XL plate using white Konad special polish.

Topped with SV.


It was kind of bugging me that I didn't know the name of this Sally Hansen polish.  It had a number on the back label, x224674000, which I Googled, but unfortunately, it didn't really help pinpoint which polish it was as its a generic number on a few of these old Prisms.  So I thought I would check through my stash of SH Prisms to see if I have one that has an actual name on it, that it matched.


These were the ones that were the closest; the bottle on the left is Blush Diamond; no. 6 is middle, and on the right is Ruby Presents, which is no. 5399-08.


I also know from Googling, that 4674-06 on various Sally Hansen Prism guides is Ruby Sapphire; however, I do know that this one isn't it Ruby Sapphire as I have a bottle of it and they aren't even close. 


I'm saying these two are prettyyyyy close; the unnamed SH 06 and SH Ruby Presents...I don't know why it dawned on me until now that I should have swatched these two to see how close they are on the nail rather than just a bottle comparisons as sometimes that is more telling...d'oh! But these two look pretty close in the bottle comparison, maybe even the same, none the less.  

What do you think?  Do you think they a match or do you think it's another Prism?  And if another one, which one do you think it may be?

Thanks for looking!




9 comments:

  1. OMG! Such a big stash of Sally Hansen prisms!!! A dream!
    I love this stamping over glitter, it's perfect! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O that's a big stash :D beautiful holo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stash is unreachable! I am really impressed. 0_°

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and girly!
    I love it!
    I can't help you sorry, I have 3 or 4 prism, but the names are on it )=

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! what a stash! manicure is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stash of Prisms!!! I'm jealous... I have only 6 of them left!! Not Ruby Diamond, which is #13... but pretty close...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to dive into that pile of Nail Prisms. Is that wrong?;) lol! NailXchange had an awesome Prisms guide, but it seems to be down:( I remember reading there were a lot of different varients between batches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG That's a lot of Prism polish!!! Holy crapola! This is one awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails are so cute and girly. I love that you took a minute to give us a play by play of how you achieved this look. The pink color is gorgeous and it totally fits with the theme of butterfly and dragonflies.

    online phd uk | guidelines on social science research

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!