Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blue Awareness Ribbons

Here's the last of the wear blue in support of Autism Awareness mani's for the month of April.   I've been saving this one for the very last as it was one of my favourites.

Started with a base of one coat of American Apparel American Denim, no top coat (index has two coats only because I nicked it). 

For the gradient at the tips, added a coat of Icing Starlight.  Starlight is lightly tinted which was a bonus as it added nicely to the gradient.

Added a layer of Icing All Night Long at the tips.

Stamped using white Konad special polish using BM321 with an accent of BM324.  I'll be very honest; I had wanted to do the image on the accent on all the fingers, but I didn't think I'd be able to line them up well as french tipped images are my nemesis!  When I did the accent first and it turned out OK, I thought I had better not press my luck so decided on the larger full size ribbon for the majority of the fingers or risk wrecking them all! 

I usually don't do my mani's facing towards me, but had to do it because of the way the accent stamped.  So I took a few pix so they weren't upside down!

I was really surprised that no Autism Awareness puzzle ribbon exists; I made a note of it in my ongoing list of image wants and hopefully one of the plate makers will add an puzzle ribbon image in the future. 

Topped with SV to finish.




I hope that there wasn't too much blue for the month; I tried to vary the blues up a bit...and even though I thought I shared a fair number of blues during the course of the month.....there are oh, so many more blue polishes in my stash that I never used ...I didn't even get all the finished blue mani's posted that I wore .....another time for sure!

Thanks for looking!



3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!