Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This is the Only Sunshine I've Seen Lately

It seems that lately, my nail polish selections have been a little on the neutral or darker side...I'm thinking it's because of the blah weather we've been having lately....so I decided to brighten my day with China Glaze Sunshine Pop!



Sunshine Pop is from the China Glaze Electropop collex....I picked up most of the collex at my local beauty supply shop; I don't think I've seen them at Sally's yet. This is two coats. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the coverage was for a yellow; while it may have needed three coats, I generally leave at two as I know I'm going to be stamping over it and only wear my polish for a day or two anyway! I was happy to see the shimmer come out which hopefully you can see from these pix or perhaps click and enlarge...this was the greatest downfall of Chanel Mimosa; it looked beautiful in the bottle but lost its shimmer on the nail. I'm also wondering how close this is to Mimosa...I should have checked my bottle to see how close they are...I'm sure comparisons of the two will soon be popping up in the blogesphere soon anyway!



Stamped with Big SdP N using white Konad special polish.



Added some dots using other Konad special polishes.



Then a few more dots, topped with SV (the pix below doesn't have SV but the very first one does) and voila! The brightest set of nails I've sported in a while! lol!



In hindsight, I wouldn't say this is the most unique yellow polish I have...I'm wondering again how close it is to Chanel Mimosa...and it seems to be another colour that gives me the dreaded lobster hands....while I thought of putting this up for swap, I think this may be fun to wear during the summer! I'm sure my daughter will love to wear it during the summer too. It just seems kind of out of place with my winter wardrobe and the dull, dreary days we've been having...but with any luck, the sun will shine soon!

Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods...and thx for looking!

I almost forgot! I've been having trouble replying to comments on my blog and leaving comments on lots of blogs I follow for the last week or two...its kind of random...some blogs, I have no issue; other ones I can't...including my own. It happens on any computer I use, but I can leave comments if I view on my iphone...so if I regularly check out your blog and haven't been commenting...or if it seems I'm ignoring comments on my blog...I'm not! This is the reason...I just read yesterday another blogger having same troubles...so hopefully I'll be able to figure out the solution soon and rectify it!

13 comments:

  1. This is super cool! i love this colour it makes me happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i love this. the white stamp over the bright yellow creates a neat look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the most sunshine I've seen in a while too!
    But now you've inspired me to do a bright manicure to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly the kind of inspiration I get from you-I've been doing this for the past few manis-stamping and then coloring with dots etc-I love this yellow!!! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seen a stamp like that! It looks like you dotted all the design on your nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and happy!! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..gorgeous...i like this style...:)
    Visit my blog
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!