Friday, March 11, 2011

St Paddy's Day Mani with NYX Jungle....

I'm not a big fan of greens and the green polish that I happen to be looking for, I couldn't locate. So going thru my stash, I came across NYX Jungle, so thought I'd give it a whirl for my next St. Patricks Day mani.


This polish is very very sheer and even with three coats, can still see VNL in certain lighting. You are looking at three coats. It has an interesting gold shimmer that peaks thru...I liked the smooth application (a little on the runnier side but I had no issues applying it) and the kind of shimmer finish that is easier (for me) to clean up so I was happy as I'm still working on my cleanup skills!



Stamped using CND Gold Chrome using BM3 plate and for a bit of interest, used Nubar Martini glitter on the tips.

I intially tried Lippmann Boom Boom Pow for the gold glitter interest, but it was too yellow making the tips turn lime green and not enough glitter (at least what I had envisioned in my mind) so opted for Nubar Martini instead.



Hope you have a great weekend and thx for looking!

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the gold shimmer that the polish has...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! its so different and awesome!

    /Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color is wonderful. I am a green and blue lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these! The green looks like something I'd love to wear, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ABSOLUTELY love this mani. I love the base color - so rich looking (even if it was sheer and required lots of coats, it built up beautifully) and I love the stamping on top. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jungle is gorgeous!
    Where did you find this? It isn't in the regular rotation of NYX at my nearest Rexall...?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous! I think it'd be wonderful for layering, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute mani! btw the NYX nail polish looked like OPI summer collection,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok you have created a lemming for me.
    Love it so pretty the color and the maini! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First and third pictures are... !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I just found your blog and I am IN LOVE with what I've seen over here! You are mad talented and I love all the holiday themed manis! V. Cute! Keep up the good work. I'm definitely adding you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!